As part of the search marketing process (keeping in line with the Google Gods and the Panda update) having a stream of regularly updated, fresh and keyword relevant posts has enabled content managed websites to push ahead of the search rankings when compared with their static brethren. But what about video content? Is video marketing strategy more complex than content marketing?
Online video is huge. To get an idea of the online content behemoth here are some stats via YouTube:
- 60 Hours of video are uploaded every minute
- 4 Billion videos are viewed per day
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or almost 140 views for every person on Earth
Do you have a strong Google search strategy? Remember when YouTube was bought out by Google? Well, there’s the hint.
Having a strong video content strategy is often overlooked by digital marketers and SEOs due to their perceived difficulty in production or lack of understanding, but starting doesn’t have to be painful. Everyone nowadays carries a smartphone with recording in excess of 1080p, and uploading to YouTube can be as simple a process as starting an account and uploading from a WiFi connection.
Some things to think about when you’re developing video and for video marketing strategy:
- Start Small: You don’t need to be a large production company to put videos on YouTube or Vimeo – grab a smartphone, avoid the coffee (for a steady hand!) and you’re on your way!
- Length: For a small fan made video you want engagement. For a review or showcase, keep it under a minute (you’re not filming Dr. Zhivago).
- Keyword Relevance: YouTube is one of the biggest search engines in the world – ensure people can find your video by tagging with the appropriate keywords.
- Link Building: What’s the point of a video if it doesn’t drive traffic? Ensure you’re linking the video back to your website and be sure to monitor your referral traffic to determine success.
- Have Fun: Nobody wants a dull, boring video. Have fun – who knows, people may want to share your video! Engagement is the key.
Looking to maximise your engagement with video content? Have a look at our Video Development page or feel free to contact us for efficient video marketing strategy for your video.